Boston Marathon bomb suspect ‘identified’

US officials have denied a suspect is under arrest for the deadly Boston Marathon blasts, but they have identified a possible bomber from a video image.

The FBI delayed a news conference scheduled for 5pm (2100 GMT) on Wednesday amid reports of a breakthrough in the case.

No arrests had been made and the suspect in the video had not been identified by name, two US government officials said.

The federal courthouse in Boston was evacuated amid reports a suspect for Monday’s bombings at the Boston Marathon was due to appear in court, but officials said they cleared the area because of a bomb scare.

Al Jazeera’s Alan Fisher, reporting from Boston, said reports of an arrest made had been debunked by the FBI and other Boston bombings investigators.

Al Jazeera, Qatar

Click here for the full story

Advertisements

One thought on “Boston Marathon bomb suspect ‘identified’

  1. Normally I don’t read article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice post.

Any thoughts on this?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s